“The Quest” fill-in-the-blanks & extra resources
Here are the words for the fill-in-the-blanks in our “The Quest” women’s Bible study with Beth Moore (via DVDs)! You are welcome to join us any time for this study @ 10:00am – noon on Friday mornings!
Week 1 – January 5th, 2018
The high hopes of the excursion before us are these:
• To stir up enough dust to invigorate a quest mentality.
• To draw each traveler into deeper intimacy with God.
quest \’kwest\ noun
1. A: a jury of inquest
2. an act or instance of seeking:
A: PURSUIT, SEARCH
B: a chivalrous enterprise in medieval romance usually involving an adventurous journey
Distinctions that help shape the concept of quest:
1. A quest is more than a trip.
jour•ney \jer-nē\ noun
an act or instance of traveling from one place to another : TRIP
2. A quest carries fewer illusions of control.
3. A trip is no quest without questions.
Homework: pages 12 – 28
Week 2 – January 12th, 2018
Read Genesis 3:8-11, John 1:38, Matthew 8:26, and Luke 11:13.
A proposal of five recalibrating questions:
1. WHERE are you? (Genesis 3:9)
2. WHO told you that? (Genesis 3:11)
3. WHAT are you seeking? (John 1:38)
4. WHY are you afraid? (Matthew 8:26)
5. HOW much more? (Luke 11:13)
Read Matthew 7:7-8.
4. A traveler on a quest is no tourist.
Homework: pages 29 – 43
to be continued . . .